CHECKLIST OF CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE
- Email all of the following in one email to Constructioncompliance@oberman.com
- Certificate of Liability Insurance from the general contractor (GC).
- Acord 855 NY from the GC
- Full copies of General Contractors General Liability and Umbrella Policies
- Contract with required insurance language and hold harmless/indemnification wording from the GC. Sample Contract
- Completed construction compliance review questionnaire.
- A copy of the general contractor's general liability policy must be provided for review if the job includes subcontractors. This is so we can check the policy for Subcontractor Coverage, Limitation, Hammer, Exclusion
- If the General Contractor has ANY subcontractor hard hammer or exclusion then ALL subcontractors must follow requirements 1,2,3 & 4.
- If the GC has a Subcontractor Hard Hammer in their policy, then the insurance company or GC's insurance broker must certify on their letterhead that the insurance and subcontractor agreement for each sub is acceptable to the terms of the hard hammer in the GC's policy.
- If the building owner is directly hiring a sub other than GC then requirements 1,2,3&4 apply to the subcontractor being directly hired.